Saturday, June 13, 2009

Work Sucketh

Enjoy some Saturday for me.

I'm at work, it's gorgeous outside and I want to be home murdering dandelions. People ask, "why don't you have the boys mow the lawn?" but I actually LIKE doing it. We never had a yard growing up (all trees), and I love how fresh cut grass smells. And there's something about mowing that appeals to the OCD in me - I have this horrible feeling I'd enjoy being one of those people who mows baseball fields into neat patterns. I don't have a ridey mower though, just an old mower my Grandfather rebuilt that I have to talk to nicely to get started. It gets the job done.

It's good exercise, which I negate with the ice-cold Corona I savor after I'm done (oh that tastes good). Collapse in a deck chair, sip cold beer, gaze out over the fruits of my labor. Also, I figure if I do the mowing, they're stuck with dishes (hooray).

I saw "Hangover" last night - what a riot.

4 comments:

Lee Ryan said...

Will do!!

dragonfly said...

So, did you?

Lee Ryan said...

Yeah! Mowed some lawn, sucked some suds, watched some baseball: good Saturday enjoyment! :-)

dragonfly said...

I knew I could count on you!