Thursday, June 18, 2009

What does one do at 1am when it's still daylight?


Listen to music, of course. Possibly one of the best songs ever: DMB: Lie in Our Graves , off the Crash album.

It really is still daylight - it's nearing the longest day of the year (June 21) and it's light all the freaking time here. It's amazing/crazy/wonderful/slightly disturbing even after living here most of my life. I love this time of year. After the Summer Solstice on June 21 we'll begin the slow shift back into darkness. We'll have dark nights by August, and it'll slip faster into dark days of winter. So we live a little differently for now, up at all hours doing all sorts of things. This weird time of daylight stirs me up, makes me restless. It's great.

Would you not like to be
sittin' on top of the world
with your legs hanging free?

Some people don't like Dave Matthews, but I do, though it's a particular few albums. Whether it's the stuff I like or the stuff I don't, there's no denying they're great musicians. I love the words to this song, but the music is amazing. I also love Crash Into Me.

Dave Matthews is on my list of Sexy Men, btw.

2 comments:

Lee Ryan said...

Makes me think of the movie Insomnia.

It's very hard for me to think of Robin Williams as a bad guy.

dragonfly said...

That's one I haven't read (or seen). I can't imagine him as a bad guy, either.

Ty for stopping by ;)