Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday - ugh wth


If you're not in the mood for a rant, look at the pretty, happy daisy above and stop here.

Not sure what happened today but it went south probably around midnight of last night and just kept going.

Synopsis -Things that bug me today:
Men
The dog
Kids - wth, they're on a whole different page today.
Headaches
Weather
My Dad
Housework
Dating
My new cell phone - my god, it really sucks

Men - I unexpectedly ran into a guy I recently dated (it was brief, but I liked him, we had a lot of fun). He dropped contact for about a month, sans a few text messages here and there. I ran into him in a part of town I rarely go to, it was total chance. He lit up like sunshine, bear-hugged me twice during the course of our conversation, smelled my hair as he squeezed me for the second time and said feelingly, "God, I miss you!"

wtf.

Give me a real guy, a responsible, strong, warm, employed, plays hard, works hard, loves hard, sexy in that strong-capable sort of way, intelligent & curious kind of guy who says what he means and does what he says. I'm not hung up on appearance - bear-hugger up there is 5'9 and built like a bulldog (adorably so). Argh.

Kids - sons in particular - are making me feel like a piece of furniture. The LOVES OF MY LIFE are being obtuse, ungrateful twerps. Gah, being a mom is painful sometimes.

Dog - she's ok, she just can tell I'm annoyed today and won't stop following me around because it worries her.

Headache - self explanatory

Weather - sucks, and possible cause of headache

Dad - stress factor, possible cause of headache

Housework - not done (thanks kids!)

Dating - well, yeah, see above.

Cell phone - *tosses it*

I'm going out. Buh-bye housework, boys- feed yourselves, dog *pat*, pleasegodletthis headachestop, and men? I live in the land of men - there are 4(?) men for every woman here, but here's the thing: The odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Song of the day (Ignore vid, yadayada, just listen): Wolfsheim - Blind

6 comments:

Lee Ryan said...

5'9" is a good height.

dragonfly said...

I'm just under 5'7" so yes, it is.

Lee Ryan said...

sweet!!!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Give me a real guy, a responsible, strong, warm, employed, plays hard, works hard, loves hard, sexy in that strong-capable sort of way, intelligent & curious kind of guy who says what he means and does what he says. I'm not hung up on appearance

Well, the dating pool in Squarebanks definitely dropped when I got hitched ten years ago and moved to Oz.

BTW, just found your blog via geneflow. You gots funny stuff.

dragonfly said...

Frankly,I'm not good at the dating thing, no matter the size of the pool.

Thank you for the nice comment :)

I like Geneflow, good read. I've cruised your blog(s) a few times, too - you've got some crazy recipes, a few of which I may have to try!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

They all work. I've cooked every one of them.