Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sexy Men

I'm 43, and rumor has it that puts me somewhere in my sexual prime. I won't comment on that except to say that after the last post, which included Sean Connery, I've been pondering various men who are attractive to me and why. I find I can't always answer the 'why'. Mr. Connery certainly is much older than I, but he still carries that something from his younger years that makes me purr.

So I'm thinking I may post an attractive male every now and then under 'Sexy Men', and perhaps I'll see a pattern. You may not be interested in looking at sexy men, but I'm looking at it as I look at much of this blog - a place to put ideas, thoughts, quotes, song lyrics, pictures and other things I'd like to keep handy. You know, like sticky notes. Just more organized. Kind of.

Woops. My mind just wandered at the idea of keeping Mike Rowe, Harrison Ford, and The Gladiator handy. (No, I'm not particularly partial to Russel Crowe - but the character he played in Gladiator? YES.)

Mike Rowe (from Dirty Jobs): Sexy, funny, willing to get dirty, and did I say funny?

Harrison Ford: ok yeah, it started as a Han Solo thing, but it grew into a deeper appreciation (yep, Indiana Jones).

Nicolas Cage: He's always the underdog, but sincere. Only thing I haven't liked him in is recent stuff like National Treasure. He was like cardboard in those movies.

I realize these are actors and a large part of their attractiveness is the character(s) they play. These are the 'prime suspects' though, the ones that usually pop into my head when asked 'Who's sexy?'

2 comments:

Lee Ryan said...

Nice post - I could see the attraction; though I really wish that abnormal desire for dorky guys with glasses would become the next great American trend. :-)

dragonfly said...

Thank you, Lee :)

I like smart men. I like smart men with a smartass sense of humor. With those powers combined, look out. And dorky is flat out adorable. Harrison Ford is at his finest when he's in dork-mode.