Monday, May 18, 2009

I am not your carpet ride, I am the sky


Today was a long day. I had one of those encounters everyone has at some point, where trust is carefully given then not so carefully dashed by the one you've given it to. I'm not unique in this experience, I know, but it leaves one feeling as if they're the only person in the world. Just a hiccup in the road, really, but I'm feeling sad and regretful.

What was that? Oh yeah...be one with the flux.

I like the picture above - it's a depiction of a hero of Russian folklore, Ivan Tsarevich. Kind of like the Knight of the Swan , he isn't a particular character but a general name given to a particular type of character.

Not a great day off but I got laundry done, got in a good walk, saw a great movie, and now I'm going to curl up with Repairman Jack and read myself to sleep. I'm off again tomorrow - new day, new river.

5 comments:

Lee Ryan said...

Hey! Enjoy your day off!

dragonfly said...

Thank you- It turned out I did enjoy my day off! Went to a friend's high school graduation. I might be weird but graduations leave me feeling renewed; all those kids on the brink of their adult life, full of promise and ideas and newness.

Turned out to be a good day, hope yours did, too.

Lee Ryan said...

Thanks! Though it was just another day of work; like a broken record... Still a good day. :-)

Lee Ryan said...

Dragonfly -

I've passed an award on to you. Drop by my blog if you would like to accept!

Cheers,

Lee

dragonfly said...

Awww :) Thank you! I think you're one of 3 readers- 3! I hadn't considered my thought-dumping might be read by particular people, just the occasional drive-by.

Eight blogs, huh...heck, I only read 3 consistently (I really enjoy yours). Time to broaden my horizons.