Saturday, January 16, 2010

Books


A note about reading- My reading list stalled awhile back, not because I'm not reading, but because it's a pain in the ass to update it using my iPod thingy. I still read voraciously (though there was a lull over the holidays when I did nothing but work). I'm out of Repairman Jack novels (there's a link in the read list somewhere if you're curious- linking, another pain on the iPod). There's a new one out in hard back, but I'll wait for paper. I've ended my feud with Stephen King and am finishing the Dark Tower series, because I'm incapable of leaving it unfinished- that'll keep me busy for a bit. I'm in fiction mode, typical winter reading for me.

On my bedside table is Infinite Jest, by David Foster Wallace, a book about Tai Chi, and a list of Pulitzers I might attempt to read.

This picture is a screenshot from a neat little reading app. I don't read much e-book type stuff, but I grabbed it because it has Flatland, an old favorite.

Have a super weekend!

2 comments:

Suddenly Fourty said...

Is Flatland that story about the inhabitants of a 2-dimensional world? I read a short synopsis about it years ago and thought it was fascinating how other worlds may be sitting right under our noses but that we simply lack the ability to perceive them.

dragonfly said...

That's the one :)