Sunday, December 20, 2009

This week

This week
I had no days off.
I have a raging headcold.
I have a tooth ache.
I was told by the dentist I clench my teeth to the extent that 4 molars are cracked. CRACKED.
I had the worst one capped and gained a dental bill I cannot afford.
It didn't help, my jaw still hurts like hell.
I was informed my place of employment is closing for a full week in January because my boss "needs a break". As I don't have paid holidays, that means two short weeks then a week of no work. Short notice and it really screws me financially. Have a nice break.
I am very short on sleep, I wake up because I wonder if I'm clenching my teeth, or because of my cold.
I am very short on time and I can't get away from work to shop for my family.
I am not ready for Christmas.
I found a lump. Yes, there. I can't tell anybody till I know more, but I had to say it to somebody.
So there we are. I am angry at my boss for her lack of consideration, living on coffee and ibuprofen, and fighting rising panic.

Tonight, I left work early and decorated my Mom's tree with my family. It was wonderful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

dragonfly said...

Thank you, I appreciate the kind thought.

TallTchr said...

I'm sorry to hear of all your burdens, especially at this time of year. Thank you for following my little blog, and I hope we shall continue to exchange comments for many Christmasses to come.

dragonfly said...

Things are never as bad as they seem in the moment. My apologies to readers, thanks for tolerating a rant.

Richard, your blog is always refreshing and interesting, I enjoy reading. And thank you right back for visiting my little corner of musing/venting.