Saturday, July 25, 2009

Science guys make me hot


Congratulate Bill Nye, The Science Guy, for he has just been added to Amy's list of sexy men. When my kids were small, Bill Nye was a regular part of our day, and he's adorably geeky.

My kids were little science bugs. I'd gone back to school to be a biologist and my kid's brains were full of all sorts of biology concepts and ideas they absorbed from my coming home with "Guess what I did today?!" They got to visit my labs, see neat critters, go on field trips, etc. I collected a group of fellow students and we'd visit my kid's class rooms and give presentations on fish morphology, pond life, coral reefs, habitats, you name it.

And so, we were all enthralled with Bill Nye, who's show fit right into our interests. Notice I include myself - Bill Nye's show was great for grown ups, too. I loved it.So Bill gets points for adding so much to my own personal experience as well as to that of my kids. Thanks Bill!

Bill Nye is cute/sexy in that dorky geek kind of way. Yes, I am attracted to 'geeks' - I like intelligent men who are attractive by virtue of the excitement and enthusiasm they display for something that fascinates them. Who get enthused by what's in pond water. Who trip over their words in sheer excitement when they've written a good chunk of code. Who look up at the sky, or at a leaf, or at a number sequence in wonder. I -like- that. Part of Bill Nye's job as a TV personality is to convey that excitement and instill it in viewers - well, he does a great job. My kids were inspired and I was inspired right along with them. Thanks Bill!

Outside of his TV stuff, he's sharing, inventing, and living his science, from his involvement in the Planetary Society promoting space exploration to being conscious of reducing his own carbon footprint. I love this guy. Thanks Bill!


No comments: