Wednesday, July 29, 2009

May your day be blessed



Today was neat, I experienced something new. My employer has family who are Tibetan Buddhists, and she'd attended the lectures last weekend given by visiting Lamas. She also arranged to have our place of business blessed. Brought up by a history teacher (who also teaches world religions), I've always had a curious and open mind about the world's cultures, philosophies and beliefs. Being on the sidelines of this event was an honor. My employer and friend has had a hard year and I truly believe the spirit of today's blessing did her a lot of good. The rest of the day was unusually good, and even someone with an agnostic bent like me felt the benefits of such a positive encounter.

I'm interested in some of the lectures given by the lamas -I admire scholars of anything, really - to know and explore a subject you're passionate about is a great thing.

3 comments:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Very cool! Ain't it nice to be open minded?

dragonfly said...

;) yessir

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Wow! Hey, she called me "sir"!! Heck, I didn't even let my students call me "sir". One of us must be special.

;)