Saturday, March 7, 2009


Saturday night.
I went:
To the grocery store.
To Barnes & Noble.
Whee.

I might have had a date if I'd hinted around at it, but my pride is too big for that. I like to be asked.

I did need groceries, but really I just wanted to get out of the house. I bought pasta and tapenade, though the tapenade isn't near as good as the stuff I got in California with Tasha.

I whole-heartedly support our small locally-owned bookstore, but sometimes Barned & Noble is a nice change - it's big enough to get lost in, to be unnoticed in. I bought the Rushdie book, and the Barnes book and sat down with a coffee and read. I went from feeling a little pathetic to enjoying myself. Thank you Salman Rushdie, my date for Saturday night.

Water is so difficult to depict. I love Monet's La Grenoulliere because of the water. ^^

No comments: